Are you personable, assertive, organized and able to motivate others?
At WhoWhatWhy, we have an opening for a fundraising development coordinator.
We’re a nonprofit news organization that, in order to maintain our integrity, accepts no advertising. All of our funding comes from the public. That means fundraising. We are building a superior fundraising development team and now seek someone with strong people and organization skills to bring it all together.
If you’re looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity, manage others well, and can commit 10 hours a week or more on a regular basis, we’d like to hear from you.
Familiarity with fundraising development is preferred, but we’re open to anyone with the general skills set and aptitude needed to keep any kind of team productive and headed in the right direction.
WhoWhatWhy is a great place to volunteer. We’re a friendly bunch, highly motivated to do meaningful work in the public interest, imparting honest information to a public starved for it. We all work from our home locations and communicate remotely.
We’re powered primarily by highly capable volunteers who derive satisfaction from making a difference, gain useful experience, and develop gratifying relationships. As we grow, and with it, our fundraising success, pro bono work may evolve into partially or fully compensated positions.
To apply, send us your resume and a detailed cover letter that shows you have studied our brand and explains why you are qualified for this position.
What you bring:
- A solid grasp of - and commitment to - our mission
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A charismatic, assertive personality
- The ability to delegate tasks and manage others
- The patience to monitor multiple individuals, projects and processes
You’ll get to:
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations
- Acquire valuable new skills in marketing, public relations and donor outreach
- Collaborate with smart, accomplished coworkers
- Grow a network of contacts
- Have fun
- Make a difference
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-20 hours a week
- Get the Best out of Others:...
- Managing Editor at Media...
- Website User Experience Designer...
- Best Training Ever --...
- JFK ASSASSINATION: RESEARCHER...
- Salesforce Best Practices...
- Volunteer IT Manager Needed at...
- Salesforce Account Manager
- Wikipedia Department Manager -...
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) -...
- Virtual Fundraising Manager
- Showrunner for News and...
- Best Training Ever: Become a...
- Recruiter for Young Activists...
- Historical Whodunit Book Project...
- Fundraising Development Manager
- Basecamp Content Manager
- Blog Editor
- Research Director