Brookdale Hospice is looking for a couple of very caring individuals to be vigil volunteers. Vigil volunteers receive more extensive training for our program and, their main purpose is to provide a comforting presence and peaceful atmosphere to our patients in their final moments of life. These volunteers will need excellent communication skills as they will be speaking to families of the patients, while in the patient's room with them. These volunteers will also be required to pass a TB test, BCI/ FBI check and Drug test.
This is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference in the life of a patient as well as their family. You will not be required to provide care for the patient, only a peaceful presence.
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Dublin- Trillium Crossing-...
- Westerville- Volunteer Opportunity
- Mt. Vernon- Volunteer Opportunity
- Westerville Office Volunteer...
- Columbus- Chestnut Hill-...
- Newark- Volunteer Opportunity
- Lancaster- Volunteer Opportunity
- Grove City- Volunteer Opportunity
- Groveport- Volunteer Opportunity
- Dublin- Muirfield- Volunteer...
- Veteran Hospice Volunteers
- 11th Hour Volunteer (Vigil...
- Marysville- Volunteer Opportunity
- Westerville- Cooper Road-...