Brandt Academy offers young STEM pioneers (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) the opportunity to learn cutting-edge technology engineering from industry professionals. We're a volunteer-driven nonprofit, and depend on the generous time donations of people like you to achieve our mission.
We're seeking a photographer to help us:
- Capture action shots of our students and teachers in the classroom and at events
- Take headshots of students and volunteers for use online and in print
- Take pictures of coding, electronics, and robotics curriculum projects
- Edit photos in post-production
The ideal volunteer will possess:
- A portfolio that demonstrates expertise with the above
- Camera and lighting equipment necessary to capture high-quality shots in the above scenarios
- A knack for making people look their best
- An affinity for working with K-12 students
A plus if you’re good with video as well.
This is predominantly an on-location position, though volunteer headshots and some curriculum projects could be photographed in-studio. We foresee the time commitment for this position being fairly light initially, and flexible based on your availability. We'd ask to retain copyright on all images, but are happy to offer photo credit and license use in portfolios as desired.
Child safety is of paramount importance to us, so we require a standard background check before volunteers can work with students.
With your help we hope people will get to see the faces behind the names at Brandt Academy. We look forward to working with you to improve the STEM education opportunities available to our nation’s youth.
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Visual Arts
- Video Production
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible time commitment
- Requisite photography and lighting equipment needed