14 people are interested
Become a Mentor
PURPOSE: To give a young person in need of social, developmental and emotional support the companionship of a caring adult.
"If I hadn't had mentors, I wouldn't be here today. I'm a product of great mentoring, great coaching... Coaches or mentors are very important.."
Indra Nooyi, the CEO of PepsiCo
- Responsible for meeting with the assigned mentee for the agreed-upon time frame (i.e., often weekly meetings for at least one year)
- Act as a resource and guide
- Serve as an example/role model
- Accept and relate to youth who may not share the volunteer’s lifestyle and values
- Respect the mentee’s right to self-determination and independence
- Willing spirit
- Openness to cultural differences
- Good listening skills
- Sense of humor
Matches will be made on the basis of interests, skills, background, knowledge, and temperament of both the young person and the mentor.
Benefits for Mentors:
- Training in communication skills, the role of a mentor, diversity training and youth development.
- Increased skills in working with youth
- Insight into the life of a youth and youth culture
- The privilege of interacting with a young person open to being guided by a caring adult
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About CAUGHT UP
5811 GRAYTON ST, Detroit, MI 48224, US
Caught Up Mentoring was founded to inspire, mold and empower teenagers to be productive members of their society. Giving them tools and resources to succeed as they enter into manhood.
Caught up believes in a program which young men are motivated to achieve academically, socially and intellectually. To influence positive change, development in character and leadership, and to encourage youth to reach their goals and become beacons of hope in their community.
We'll work with your schedule.
19950 Mack Ave.Grosse Pointe Woods, MI 48236
- Program Management
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours a month