Mentoring Program - Big Brothers Big Sisters
5 people are interested
The Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring program provides boys, girls and teenagers aged 6 to 15, with a role model to talk to and share the experience of growing up with.
Through regular outings, a tight relationship is developed between the mentor and the mentee, which is built on trust and common interests. Throughout the relationship, both mentor and child are supported by experienced caseworkers. The experience allows both mentor and child to experience a relationship that will likely change both their lives.
The Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring program usually requires two regularly scheduled outings a month of 3 to 4 hours each, and a minimum of a one-year commitment.
- Provide boys and girls with a role model and a friend.
- Help youths realize the importance of staying in school and build healthy relationships with their family and their peers. Help inspire self-confidence and trust in others so the child learns to make good decisions.
- Encourage leadership and independent thinking.
- Make a difference in the life of a child while having fun.
We'll work with your schedule.
.3155 Hochelaga202Montreal, QC H1W 1G4Canada
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3-4h every 2 weeks
- Live within the Greater Montreal Area