The Stewardship Coordinator will work closely with the Development teams to connect with Second Harvest Heartland’s middle-range donors and leverage the power of a meaningful "thank you." Help Second Harvest Heartland expand stewardship efforts and strengthen donor interaction.
The primary objective of the Stewardship Coordinator is to reach out to our donors to thank them and invite them to further engage with us. The Stewardship Coordinator will help us strengthen our brand by spreading gratitude and goodwill to our middle donors, while also offering our donors different opportunities to further engage with our work.
- Work with the Development team to complete a weekly calling and stewardship note list, thanking donors for their contributions and inviting them to come in for a tour or meet with a staff member.
- Act as a representative of Second Harvest Heartland when speaking with or writing to donors
- Engage in conversations with donors to learn more about their giving preferences and giving capacity.
- Record notes about the conversations and engagement opportunities with donors
- Use customer service skills to take feedback from donors as appropriate to help them. Respond to questions or concerns with respect and enthusiasm, and provide the appropriate customer service
- Professional demeanor, friendly attitude and willingness to interact with people
- Commitment to high?quality customer service
- High level of confidence in interpersonal communication
- Respectful attitude: demonstrates respect for everyone contacted.
- Ability to move a conversation along towards a specific goal
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate
- A moderate level of comfort using modern technology, including computers and Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable writing thank you notes to donors; legible handwriting
- Access to a reliable form of transportation
- A background check is required for this volunteer opportunity
- TotalTime Requirement: minimal 6 month commitment to volunteer 3/4 hours/week (this includes training)
- Project Start date: ASAP
Days of the week: Any
- Time of the day: 8am-4pm, Monday - Friday
- Work site: Golden Valley or Maplewood (after training, possible to work from home if needed)
- Questions: contact Volunteer Services at 651?282?0901 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephanie Van Dyke, Direct Marketing Coordinator
- Connie Schlundt, Director of Direct Marketing
HOW TO APPLY:
- Fill out interest form by completing an online application at 2harvest.org, or contact Volunteer Coordinator Paige Stein at 651-209-7953 or email@example.com.
- People Skills
- Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 Months
- 3-4 Hours per week