Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
College Avenue Social & Wellness Center is one of two thriving JFS older adult centers. Hundreds of participants enjoy daily meals, exercise classes, art classes, games, cultural programs, and live entertainment. This is a home away from home for many older adults.
Goal of Position:
The volunteer would help stuff, label, fold tab and keep order of monthly older adult center newsletters
- A warm, friendly environment and the knowledge that your help is greatly appreciated for having the newsletters available on time each month for the older adults who receive them.
- Help older adults receive news about upcoming events and programs at JFS Aging & Wellness Centers
- Print monthly newsletters from Microsoft Publisher at a JFS workstation
- Keep newsletters organized by center and accurately count the number of newsletters for each center.
- Fold, stuff, address and tab per USPS requirements
- Must be organized
- Be able to follow directions
- Be able to work independently with little oversight
- Relatively quick learner
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and has a positive attitude
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a college level
- Must be able to provide own transportation to the College Avenue Center
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp
- Complete Volunteer Interview with JFS Volunteer Engagement Department
Time Commitment: This is a monthly volunteer opportunity - 9 hours per month during the 3rd week of the month. We estimate that it will be approximately 3 hours a day.
Temple Emanu-El ● 6299 Capri Drive ● San Diego, CA 92120
Social & Wellness Center Office Coordinator
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Project Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Table Captain- Balboa Ave Older...
- Event Planning Internship
- Development Administrative...
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed!
- Citizenship Instructor
- Kitchen Aide
- Data Entry Specialist-Community...
- Murphy Canyon Military...
- Marketing & Social Media Intern
- Camp Pendleton Military...
- BrainHQ Facilitator
- Bikkur Holim: Become a Friendly...
- Fresh Market Distribution...
- Newsletter Production Volunteer
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Receptionist Assistant
- Volunteer Donor Steward
- Facilities Assitant
- Data Entry Specialist - Helping...