DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
College Avenue Center is one of two thriving JFS older adult centers. Hundreds of participants enjoy daily meals, exercise classes, art classes, games, cultural programs, and live entertainment. CAC is a home away from home for many older adults.
Goal of Position:
To make members at the College Avenue Center feel welcomed and comforted when they come to the Center by providing quality customer service. The "Cafe-rista" will provide coffee and pastries for members needing a morning pick-me-up. Support the Center’s goals of providing a vibrant activity center where older adults can exercise their mind, body and spirit.
- Opportunity to help older adults feel welcomed at the College Avenue Center
- Opportunity to interact with older adults and learn their stories
- Gain customer service skills while in a fun and caring environment
- Set up (make coffee, etc.) Cozy Café in the morning
- Greet older adult members as they enter the Center
- Knowledge of program locations within building after training
- Socialize with older adult members
- Pour coffee or other hot beverages
- Sell pastries and other snacks
- Ask staff member to make change as needed
- Close down (put away and clean up) Cozy Café at 11:30
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and cheerful
- Enjoy working and interacting with older adults
- Must be an excellent problem solver
- Knowledge of Jewish culture is a plus
- Must be able to properly handle cash and make change as necessary
- Knowledge of clerical support to assist office staff
- Must have reliable transportation to CAC
- Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp
- Attend a JFS volunteer interview with Volunteer Services staff
College Avenue Center is open Monday through Friday. Volunteer Cafe-ristas are needed from 9:00am to 11:30am. Volunteers can sign up for daily or weekly shifts. Ideal candidate will be able to make a minimum commitment of three months.
Temple Emanu-El ● 6299 Capri Drive ● San Diego, CA 92125
Social & Wellness Center Program Manager/Office Coordinator
We'll work with your schedule.
6299 Capri DrSan Diego, CA 92120
- Customer Service
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Food & Beverage Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18