150 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Montreal / Grands Frères Grandes Sœurs du grand Montréal
Please visit the new page to apply.
150 people are interested
The In-School Mentoring program provides boys and girls with a role model and friend they can talk to and share their experiences of growing up.
Program subject to change depending on partner schools.
The In-School mentoring program requires a one-hour weekly contact, for the duration of the school year.Programs Objectives
- Provide boys and girls with a role model and a friend.
- Promote the importance of staying in school and build healthy relationships with family and peers.
- Inspire self-confidence and trust in others so the child learns to make healthy decisions.
- Encourage leadership and independent thinking.
- Make a difference in the life of a child while having fun.
- 90% of mentors see positive changes in their mentee
- 88% of mentees improved their reading and writing skills
- 64% of mentees improved their self-esteem
6 More opportunities with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Montreal / Grands Frères Grandes Sœurs du grand Montréal1 Review
About Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Montreal / Grands Frères Grandes Sœurs du grand Montréal
3155 rue hochelaga, 202, Montreal, Quebec H1W1G4, CA
Enable life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people. - Créer des relations de mentorat inspirantes et déterminantes qui révèlent le plein potentiel des jeunes et les outillent pour l’avenir.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Montreal is dedicated to helping children and youths who are faced with personal or socio-economic difficulties, as well as their families. Our agency offers professional mentoring services and an opportunity to acquire and improve personal strengths and interpersonal skills, contributing to a healthier life over the long term.
Grands Frères Grandes Sœurs du Grand Montréal est une organisation dédiée au développement des enfants et des jeunes qui vivent des difficultés personnelles et socio-économiques, ainsi que de leurs familles. Notre organisme propose des services professionnels de mentorat, des opportunités de développer des forces personnelles et des compétences interpersonnelles qui favorisent, à long terme, une vie saine.
3155 Hochelagabureau 202Montréal, QC H1W 1G4Canada
November 6, 2023
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- The In-School mentoring program requires a one-hour weekly contact, for the duration of the school year.