Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together
The Development team works cohesively to create and execute strategies to secure funds from current annual donors and prospects. Some of these approaches include a relationship management model and special events like the Heart & Soul Gala and the Ruby Schulman Memorial Golf Tournament. The funds secured by the Development Department, in tandem with other departments like Institutional Giving and Marketing, ensure that we can continue to Empower Individuals and Families to move toward self-sufficiency, support Aging with Dignity, and Foster Community Connection and Engagement.
Goal of Position:
One of the most gratifying experiences for donors is to hear "Thank You" from individuals involved with the organization they support. Making a thank you call or writing a handwritten note is a simple yet powerful act that volunteers can take part in. The goal is to thank JFS donors for their generosity and show that we appreciate them.
- Making donors feel appreciated which will help build their relationship and commitment to JFS.
- Make Thank You phone calls and write handwritten thank you cards.
- Other miscellaneous donor stewardship tasks to thank them for their support.
- Outgoing, energetic, and excited about the wonderful work that JFS does.
- Must be comfortable with leaving brief phone messages or having short "Thank You" conversations with current donors (training, contact list and script will be provided).
- Legible handwriting for writing thank you notes.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to the JFS Joan & Irwin Jacobs Family campus.
- Minumum three month commitment.
- Must be able to volunteer 2-4 hours per week during regular business hours.
Jewish Family Service
Turk Family Center
8804 Balboa Avenue
San Diego, CA 92123
Advancement Services Specialist
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Lunch Service Table Captain
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed!
- Citizenship Instructor
- Kitchen Aide
- Data Entry Specialist-Community...
- Murphy Canyon Military...
- Marketing & Social Media Intern
- Camp Pendleton Military...
- BrainHQ Facilitator
- Bikkur Holim: Become a Friendly...
- Fresh Market Distribution...
- Military Distribution Lead
- Newsletter Production Volunteer
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Performer/Entertainer for Older...
- Volunteer Donor Steward
- Lunch Server
- Public Transportation Navigator
- Alzheimer's Disease Initiative...