Do you want to help people with MS live their best lives? We're looking for someone that has great passion and ideas for how to keep the Wichita community engaged with the MS Society so that we can end MS forever. Volunteers will attend events, recruit friends and family, and give suggestions and advice about how to make the biggest impact in the community. Details below! Email Leanne.Mersmann@nmss.org to get involved. Important: You must live in Wichita, KS or surrounding area to join this community council.
Wichita Community Council
This is an advisory committee to the President
Purpose of the committee: To engage community leaders, access resources, generate revenue and increase awareness. To participate and be an ambassador during community events expanding visibility, welcoming the community to join the MS movement, and ensuring trust and confidence in the National MS Society
- Identify, engage and deepen relationships with community leaders resulting in increased participation in Society activities
- Support the implementation of fundraising events: identifying and recruiting and cultivating sponsors, corporate and family teams and participants.
- Identify and build relationships with current and prospective individuals giving donors
- Increase awareness of Society services; be knowledgeable and able to speak about Society impact
- Attend council meetings, special events, self-help group meetings, and programs
- Ensure adherence to all Society policies and that activities help fulfill the Society plan
Term Length: appointment for a one-year term with the option of serving additional terms
Time Commitment: One-hour meetings are held monthly in person or via phone. Some activity to achieve goals between meetings, as needed.
Requirements: Live within the Greater Wichita area and have a desire to help those living with MS by engaging the community in Society events
Want to learn more? Please reach out to our volunteer coordinator, Leanne Mersmann at Leanne.Mersmann@nmss.org
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Hour long monthly meeting + choice of volunteering
- Must live in Wichita, KS or surrounding area