From Polio to Prematurity, March of Dimes has worked for nearly 80 years to fund research, programs and education to ensure babies have a fighting chance. The mission of the March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant loss.
March of Dimes Arizona is seeking an intern to participate as a member of the March for Babies Team and assist with a variety of tasks specific to March for Babies Phoenix. March for Babies is the Valley’s first and largest walk to benefit babies and is a family-friendly event supported by more than 7,000 participants.
Duration: October 2017 - May 2018
Schedule: 10-20+ hours per week (this will include evenings and weekends)
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship opportunity with a leading nonprofit organization
March of Dimes Arizona agrees to provide intern with exposure to multiple aspects of the nonprofit and special event fields. When appropriate, March of Dimes will provide intern with networking opportunities, opportunities to participate in meetings, tabling events, etc. and provide introductions to key volunteers involved with our organization.
Required Dates:(all date are tentative)
Saturday, November 18, 2017 - Family Teams Event
Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - Logistics Committee Meeting
Thursday, February 1, 2018 - MFB Kickoff
Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - Logistics Committee Meeting
Friday, April 13, 2018 - March for Babies Set-up
Saturday, April 14, 2018 - March for Babies
Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - Celebration Event
March of Dimes Arizona is seeking a motivated individual interested in learning about the nonprofit and/or special event industries. It is expected this intern will be professional, responsible and organized with the ability to multi-task. All March of Dimes representatives should have a level of comfort with being out in the community, networking and conversing with volunteers, donors, vendors and general community members. In addition, the intern will be expected to provide their own means of transportation to our office (3550 N. Central Avenue, Suite 610, Phoenix, AZ 85012).
- Act as an ambassador for March of Dimes mission
- Become familiar with the mission and history of March of Dimes as well as current key information and mission messages to take into the community.
- Participate with March for Babies staff at table events when available.
- Work on general development projects as assigned.
- Participate in the Logistics committee planning meetings
- Assist in the Logistics planning of the event.
- Work with a designated list of family/business teams for fundraising purposes for event as assigned.
- Preparing materials for the walk and assisting in the inventory and organization of event supplies.
- Packaging and mailing of March for Babies materials.
- Collection of items for Top Walker Swag Bags
- Inventory/Collection/Return of sponsor banners
- Promoting the event within the community at-large and within the community of March for Babies supporters.
- Work with the March for Babies Team as assigned by the Senior Development Manager.
How to apply:
Please send resume to Valerie Tichenor, Senior Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20+ hours per week