Food Pantry Delivery Assistant for Homebound Community Members
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic Needs (food, housing, clothing)
Location(s): Hartford, CT
Hours: Thursday and Saturday mornings
Duration: Monthly, year round
Desired level of commitment: Once a month
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
- Deliver boxes to homes
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven’t already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Able to use own van or truck
- Enjoy working with others
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus, but not required.
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a month, Thursdays and/or Saturdays mornings
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Front Desk Assistant for...
- Community Meal Assistant
- Worship Musician at Street...
- Food Pantry Pick-Up and Delivery...
- Food Pantry Vehicle Loader
- Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Website and Graphic Designer
- Medical Professionals/Students...
- Intake Assistant for Health...
- Worship Musician for...
- Event Marketing Assistant for...
- Food and Clothing Distributor at...
- Event Registration Assistant for...
- Administrative Assistant at...
- Prayer Provider for Women...
- Food Pantry Inventory Assistant
- Childcare Assistant
- Assistant to the Lead Teacher
- Childcare Assistant for Mothers...