CES Home Delivery Program delivers food to seniors who are homebound and often isolated. We need someone who is fluent in both Somali and English and has good people skills. The host would attend the site distribution once per month, arrive early and set up an information table where he/she will answer questions about the program, distribute information about other food shelves, as well as provide general information about other CES programs. The agency will provide refreshments when available. The main goal is to make the food distribution a positive experience for clients, potential clients as well as the volunteers who support these distributions. Some training will be required for this position. We encourage you to volunteer for 3 months at one location and see if it’s something you would like to do on an ongoing basis.
Locations where we need a volunteer once a month:
Horn Towers: 3110 Blaisdell Ave S
5 th Avenue: 2419 5 th Ave S
Ebenezer Park: 2700 Park Ave S
The Pentagon: 1415 E 22 nd St
Hiawatha Towers: 2121 16 th Ave S
- People Skills
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Relationship Building
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours
- Deliver food to elderly & disabled
- Ride with Meals on Wheels Driver...
- East African Food Distribution...
- Need someone fluent in Somali...
- deliver Meals on Wheels three...
- Greet Meals on Wheels Drivers
- Help pack Meals on Wheels lunch...
- Food Shelf Volunteers
- Load Van for Home Deliver to...
- Evening opportunity: Deliver...
- Food Shelf Advocate
- Office Assistants
- Do you speak Spanish?