We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
4 people are interested
Patient Education/ Health Center Advocacy Internship
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Established in 1971, we are a non-profit reproductive and sexual health care
organization focused on serving low-income communities. At three locations in the
North Shore and Merrimack Valley, we provide birth control, abortion, STD testing and
treatment, HIV testing and referral, and other preventive health services.
We are seeking an energetic individual who is passionate about and committed to
women’s reproductive health and rights to join our team. The position will serve as an administrative intern in the offices in the Cummings Center.
- Passionate about women's reproductive health
- Available part time during business hours
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible to multiple working environments
- A great team player
- Assist administrative assistant in day to day tasks
- Answer patient phone calls and schedule appointments
- Greet patients
- Check insurance eligibility
- Help organize staff events (e.g. training)
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply.
Cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What specifically about Health Quarters draws you in?
- What is the best quality you would bring to the team?
- Give an example of how you are passionate about and committed to women’s reproductive health.
- Give your availability for the fall during business hours.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
100 Cummings Center, Suite 110E, Beverly, MA 01915, US
To provide reproductive and sexual health, without judgement and without barriers.
HealthQ (formerly Health Quarters) is a not-for-profit organization established in 1971 that provides reproductive and sexual healthcare in health centers located in Beverly, Haverhill, and Lawrence. With a vision of empowering our clients to control their body, control their lives, HealthQ provides birth control, abortion, STI testing and treatment, and other preventive health services.
Our work is informed by the overarching belief that health is a human right for all and not just the privilege of a few. Our treatment of our patients and each other exemplify our values of being Inclusive, Caring, Respectful, Accommodating, and Efficient. HealthQ is proud to be recognized as a LGBT Healthcare Equality Leader by the Human Rights Commission since 2015.
We are governed by a voluntary Board of Directors, and run by a 25-member team of board-certified physicians and nurse practitioners, medical assistants, patient care coordinators, and administrative staff. Everyone is dedicated to the mission of providing reproductive and sexual health care-without judgement or barriers.
100 Cummings CenterSuite 220BBeverly, MA 01915
October 10, 2017
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach