Description: Receive training that will prepare you to train respite care volunteers in the community. With your help, East Side Elders can better support caregivers in their journey to take care of their loved ones and themselves by building a team of trained respite volunteers. Opportunity is open to those interested in caregiving and/or those who are experienced in the joys and challenges of caregiving.
Dates: Must attend training November 15-16 from 8am to 4pm both days. Training is held in Downtown Saint Paul. After training, we will work with you to create a schedule for offering training to respite volunteers.
- Learn more about caregiving for seniors
- Gain resume-building experience
- 5 CEs available for nurses and social workers.
About Us: Our mission is to create a circle of care around the elders in Dayton’s Bluff, Payne-Phalen, and Conway-Battle Creek neighborhoods, empowering seniors to live safe and independent lives in their homes.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://eastsideelders.org/volunteer-application/
Questions? Contact us at Volunteer@EastSideElders.org or 651-683-2413
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Must attend training on November 15-16 from 8-4
- Volunteer Handyperson
- Socialize with a Senior
- Special Event Volunteer - Elder...
- Volunteer Housekeeper
- Yard Work Volunteer for Elders
- Volunteer Exercise Instructor
- Fun and Games with Seniors -...
- Volunteer Attorney
- Help Seniors with Household Chores
- Shopping Volunteer
- Respite Volunteer
- Wellness Clinic Nurse
- Shovel Snow for Seniors in the...
- Senior Social Club Volunteer
- Provide Relief to Primary...
- Volunteer Blogger
- Collect Gloves and Hats for...
- Elders Lodge Wellness Center...
- East Side Elders Board Member
- Nursing Student Volunteer