Director of Human Resources
Do you have management and people skills? Have you ever designed and measured the effectiveness of a service or program? Are you experienced with HR issues and compliance requirements?
Are you good at evaluating skills and personal traits to help assign staff to appropriate positions? Become part of the People team that works with staff to help JAARS succeed in making Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Design, implement, and measure the effectiveness of HR staffing services on the center
- Aid in monitoring the effectiveness of current HR processes and propose needed changes and additions
- Oversee the staffing needs and effectively communicate those internally and externally
- Update the screening processes for all staff (paid, seconded, and volunteer)
- Assign new staff or changes of assignment in consultation with appropriate personnel and department heads
- Implement workforce planning
- Send out invitation letters and oversee onboarding and offboarding of staff
- Assign access to HR databases
- Approve all employment offer and invitation letters
- Manage performance management and review policies
- Assist managers in successfully supervising their staff
- Ensure organizational and regulatory HR compliance
- Manage all HR department budgets
- Handle staff disciplinary matters in accordance with the Staff Handbook
- Serve on the Directors Leadership Team
- Additional responsibilities may be delegated by the VP of People
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills
- Have strong organizational, analytical and management capabilities-able to lead demonstrable stewardship of all JAARS resources: people, time, money
- Be a servant leader, balancing expertise with humility
- Be a strategic thinker, able to apply innovative ideas and stretch organizational thinking
- Show that you are a person of character and conviction, with the ability to lead and motivate your team and influence others through godly character
Experience and Education
- Demonstrated expertise and relevant experience in human resource management
- Five plus years of HR Management experience
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably related to HR Management
- Membership in national and local SHRM preferred
- HR Certification preferred (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP or SPHR, PHR)
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation