The Social Media Manager will administer our organization's social media communications, marketing and advertising. Administration includes but is not limited to:
- Deliberate planning and goal setting
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Content management
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Cultivation of leads and sales
The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as he/she engages with our fans on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers.
Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to a Social Media Manager’s success. An essential component is communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way. You will work with the Communications Chair and Community Manager to attract new customers, and HR Chair to build a team to assist you.
The Social Media Manager is instrumental in managing the company’s content-related assets.
Content management duties include:
- Administer the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
- Create a regular publishing schedule.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Promote content through social advertising.
The Social Media Manager is committed to learning, as social and digital marketing "Best Practices" shift constantly.Responsibilities of the Social Media Manager
The first responsibility of a Social Media Manager is to develop and implement a social media marketing plan. The marketing plan will include the following components and should be reviewed no less than every 90 days.
- Brand Development
"Why" is the reason customers buy. A great "why buy here" message is unique to your company, and answers "What’s in it for me?" for the shopper.
- Identify Target Customers
With the guidance of the BOD identify our target customers. Use Facebook to explore audiences that are interested in our products and services. Target the messages.
- Set Clear Objectives
Define realistic goals. Challenges we are facing:
- Insufficient website traffic and/or scant visitors
- Weak brand awareness
- Declining customer retention
- Slow sales
- Visual Design and Web Development Strategy
Visual content and branding must be consistent with regard to status updates, landing pages, Facebook ads. Make sure it’s compelling and gets the point across.
Web development: retain a hub for your content where customers and prospects can visit to learn more about your products and services, and where search engines can crawl to award more authority.
- Solid Content Strategy
What to post on our Facebook page. Who we are as a brand and who our target customers are.
- What is it about our organization that makes it unique...makes people want to buy from you? Answer that question in detail.
- Describe our target customers. What are their interests, concerns and issues? How can we help them come to a purchase decision with the content we publish?
- Don’t forget about those fans who are not in-market. What can we offer them to make their time with us interesting?
- Promotion Strategy
Growing friend base and customers through social media advertising, Facebook ads, etc.
- Engagement Strategy
Social Media manager should listen, respond, ask questions and engage our audience, and Social Media Manager should have knowledge and experience of our sales process to respond correctly.
Leverage Facebook ads to promote your content and increase your audience reach.
- Conversion Strategy
With growth and engagement strategies in place, the Social Media Manager’s job is to convert fans into customers and your marketing plan should outline the steps required.
The more advanced forms of Facebook marketing utilize Facebook ads, custom audiences and compelling landing pages. Be sure to include a call to action and a lead form on your landing page to ensure your lead has a path to purchase (and your Social Media Manager has a way to follow up).
- Measure & Analyze to Establish ROI
You’ll need to determine the KPI’s (key performance indicators):
- Audience Growth
- Audience Profile
- Audience Engagement
- Content Reach
- Engagement by Content Type
- Response Rate and Quality
- Negative Feedback
Measure results on a daily basis. Your results should tie back to your objectives and provide a clear understanding of the returns you’re getting.Essential Duties of the Social Media Manager
Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a "Social" way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
Qualifications and Experience
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop organizational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree would be helpful.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the company’s field.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
- Practices superior time management.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of "Search and Social."
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues
The Virtues Project International Association (VPIA) is not affiliated with any religious organization. VPIA is a non-profit organization founded in 2013 at the request of the founders of The Virtues ProjectTM. www.virtuesproject.com VPIA operates in service of The Virtues ProjectTM to protect the integrity of the body of work, to grow, strengthen and expand its reach, and to ensure its sustainability.
This is an unpaid position
If you are interested in this role please follow this link to our Volunteer Application Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc9DeArdFRSqU9G5ukJJel7npJXy_JcPxcck3tUZqWTtM1yyw/viewform?c=0&w=1