This is an unpaid board position.
The Director of Fund Development will work with the Board of Directors, key volunteers and outside consultants to create, implement, and maintain a comprehensive fund development strategy for the Virtues Project International Association (VPIA) to support the organization and advance The Virtues Project. This person d evelops, plans, designs, and implements fundraising programs in alignment with VPIA's mission statement, policies and procedures.
Working with various board members will recruit volunteers to the Fund Development Committee to fulfill responsibilities including:
- Establish Charity in Canada and 501C3 in US for VPIA.
- Individual Donors
- Develops cultivation program and process
- Identifies and researches prospects
- Develops relationships with potential and current donors
- May include scheduling appointments, doing correspondence, event development, and donor cultivation and fulfillment
- Manages Annual Fund and produces appeal letters and email campaigns
- Corporate Sponsorships and Philanthropy
- Explores opportunities for corporate relationships
- Creates and presents sponsorship packages, including PowerPoint and Word presentations for proposals
- Carries out and monitors fulfillment
- Foundations and Government
- Identifies appropriate sources of grant writing funds
- Writes, assembles, and submits grant proposals
- Monitors and follows through with reporting requirements on grants received
- Manage Online crowdfunding platform, GlobalGiving
- Supports the Fund Development Committee : develops agendas, attends meetings, produces meeting notes, assists in follow-through, training needed
NATURE AND SCOPE OF FUND DEVELOPMENT CHAIR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends monthly board meetings and participates in weekly phone conferences with board and committee members
- Administers VPIA GlobalGiving initiatives.
- Assist with the development of all fund development plans, processes and procedures.
- Assist BOD in identifying potential donor prospects.
- Identify and conceptualize materials to be used for communication to prospects and donors.
- Direct the production of annual fundraising events and appeals.
- Develop calendars, plans, and marketing material for fundraising events and appeals.
- Assist in the identification and development of fund development events.
- Develop donor database.
- Assures design and maintenance of donor and prospect records, gift management systems, and informational reports.
- Research and identify grant opportunities
- Assist with the preparation of materials for pending grant applications.
- Assist with the application process for grant opportunities when necessary.
- Complete and submit to funders mid-term and final reports, and other required paperwork.
- Work with finance staff to track fund disbursement and develop financial reports.
- Maintain grant-related reference resources including funder research files, grant application deadlines, grant reporting schedules, and other information as needed.
- Assist with the shape and implementation of an effective outreach and communication campaign to educate and cultivate community support.
- Assist in the establishment of recognition, acknowledgements, and incentives for donors and volunteers.
- Develop and implement cost-effective marketing and outreach strategies to communicate with a range of constituencies through printed and electronic media.
- Assists with ensuring establishment of and compliance with the organization’s fund development and philanthropic principles, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates initiative and works as a team player. Adhere to the highest ethical standards in management, governance, and fund development. Convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding the organization and the not-for-profit sector. Demonstrate commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- Refrains from assuming any duty that is unrelated to and/or interferes with the responsibilities of the position.
- Advocates, promotes and practices cultural sensitivity and responsiveness in all day-to-day interactions.
The ideal candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written skills
- Attention to detail and follow-throug
- Donor management system experience
- Social media campaign experience
- Excellent computer skills for business.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while working remotely with volunteers to accomplish tasks and function well without a formal work structure
- The successful candidate is a self-starter, self-manager, and has an entrepreneurial spirit
The Virtues Project International Association (VPIA) is not affiliated with any religious organization. VPIA is a non-profit organization founded in 2013 at the request of the founders of The Virtues ProjectTM (www.virtuesproject.com). VPIA operates in service of The Virtues ProjectTM to protect the integrity of the body of work, to grow, strengthen and expand its reach, and to ensure its sustainability.
If you are interested in this role please follow this link to our Volunteer Application Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc9DeArdFRSqU9G5ukJJel7npJXy_JcPxcck3tUZqWTtM1yyw/viewform?c=0&w=1
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours per week