Lead the Marketing and Communications Committee in the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy for TVP and VPIA. Lead team to oversee a consistent and active communication strategy to all stakeholders for the purposes of recruitment, program messaging, fundraising, awareness and branding.
- Contribute expertise to assist board in establishing organizational marketing, branding and communication plans and initiatives.
- Build on current TVP/VPIA brand and develop creative market outreach programs that will drive visibility and growth of TVP and sales of products and services.
- Advise staff on strategies and development for various marketing communications channels and web presences including, electronic/social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc), newsletter, public relations, website and printed collateral. ONLINE SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER WILL WORK WITH YOU.
- Monthly email communication to global community of friends and family.
- Identify and build relationships with key industry partners, collaborators,and media.
- Evaluate effectiveness of marketing initiatives both internally and externally and provide support as needed.
- Identify opportunities, ie, collaborations/platforms for board and community to help market and brand TVP.
- Engage in fundraising, and promote TVP/VPIA image and public standing.
- Set the tone for the committee work.
- Ensure the committee members have the information to do their jobs.
- Oversee the logistics of committee operations.
- Report to the Board’s Chair. Work closely with Community Manager, Online Social Media Manager, Fund Development Chair
- Report to the full Board regarding committee decisions and recommendations
- Assign work to the committee members, set the agenda, run regular meetings and distribute meeting minutes.
Skills and abilities needed to succeed as a Marketing & Communications Chair
- Fulfill required time commitment.
- Honesty, integrity and respect for others.
- Visionary: future orientation.
- Good communications skills; open-minded and articulate.
- Strong team-builder and team member.
- Leadership skills.
- Self-confident and outgoing personality.
Professional Expertise that would be Helpful
- Direct experience developing and implementing marketing strategy.
- Experience with development of branding strategies.
- Graphic design expertise.
- Demonstrated interest is the non-profit/social responsibility sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a fluid environment and taking initiative.
- Entrepreneurial drive and desire to play lead role.
- Be an expert on the organization in general, including strategic direction, and an expert about Board matters in particular, such as major issues, policies and procedures, and board priorities.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in meetings and task forces; seen as a leader.
- Leadership experience in another organization, especially non-profit organizations.
- Solid professional reputation.
- Fundraising background.
- Strategic Planning experience.
Estimated time commitment and meeting format
- 3-5 hours per week
- Attend monthly board meetings.
- Participation in weekly phone conferences with other board members as needed
- Two year commitment to allow time to develop a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy, build a strong team, and implement strategies.
The Virtues Project International Association (VPIA) is not affiliated with any religious organization. VPIA is a non-profit organization founded in 2013 at the request of the founders of The Virtues ProjectTM. (www.virtuesproject.com) VPIA operates in service of The Virtues ProjectTM to protect the integrity of the body of work, to grow, strengthen and expand its reach, and to ensure its sustainability.
This is an unpaid position.
If you are interested in this role please follow this link to our Volunteer Application Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc9DeArdFRSqU9G5ukJJel7npJXy_JcPxcck3tUZqWTtM1yyw/viewform?c=0&w=1
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours per week