Youth America Grand Prix (YAGP), the world’s largest ballet competition based in New York City, is accepting applications for interns for this fall, winter, and spring. YAGP supports and develops world-class dancers ages 9 to 19 of all backgrounds by providing scholarship auditions and educational and performance opportunities in cities around the world.
Interns work closely with YAGP staff and leadership as part of a small, dynamic team, receiving hands-on training in artistic programming while at a growing performing arts non-profit.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
YAGP Interns will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to our clientele. Their primary responsibility will be to field phone calls and emails from YAGP participants and parents. There is a possibility of travel within the United States. In addition, interns will have the opportunity to provide support for YAGP’s special events and gain firsthand experience working for a fast-paced organization devoted to dance and dance education.
Interested applicants should be able to start immediately and commit to working through the end of December at minimum. Preference will be given to those who can commit through April. This is a part-time position, a minimum of 15 hours per week required, with the option to work weekends if desired. Scheduling is negotiable. This is a paid opportunity.
- A strong interest in the arts, dance or the performing arts preferred.
- A dance background is a plus.
- Some s elf-preparation required: brief history of YAGP and general knowledge of the Rules and Regulations from a document provided by YAGP.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- A strong sense of initiative, creative problem solving, and organization is a must.
- Attention to detail and ability to proof-read documents required.
- Familiarity with MS Office and Google Applications and Windows OS, with a particular knowledge of working in Excel and formatting Excel documents.
- Interns will be paid $14/hour
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and a Writing Sample (preferably one of correspondence) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list "YAGP Internship" and your last name and first initial in the subject line. No phone calls please! YAGP is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is based on skills, capability, and experience, without discrimination based on age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Customer Service
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 15 hours/week at minimum -- flexible scheduling