The Tempe Book Bike program will hit the streets mid-October, delivering books and resources to the Tempe community.
The program aims to provide library books, library cards, as well as information on library and city services to underserved populations by visiting community centers, parks and community gathering places in Tempe.
Tempe Book Bike Ambassadors will connect with people, help build strong community ties and encourage literacy. A bicycle, safety gear and training will be provided.
Requirements for Book Bike Ambassador:
- Able to bike 5 miles+ during shift
- Can lift 50 lbs.
- Technologically proficient with mobile devices
- Good communication/people skills
- Bilingual is preferred, but not recommended
Time Commitment for Book Bike Ambassador:
- Able to commit to at least 8 hours (2 shifts) per month for at least 3 months
- Shifts are on Tuesdays from 1:30 - 5:30 pm and Saturdays 10 am - 2 pm
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Prefer 8 hours/month (two shifts)
- Training provided