Use your experience and interest in sustainability and immigrant integration to improve the lives of community members and their families! We need your help now more than ever.
Building Skills Partnership (BSP) is a labor-management non-profit that works in collaboration with the SEIU-USWW janitorial union to increase access to educational opportunities in order to improve the quality of life of low-income Latino janitors and their families.
We are currently launching new classes to give students a general overview about various sustainability issues that apply both to their work and home lives. Our Green Janitor Education Program runs for 15 weeks, and meets two hours weekly at sites across the greater Los Angeles area. The program curriculum covers various sustainability topics including water and energy conservation, waste management, green cleaning and safety, among others.
We are looking for volunteers who believe in BSP’s mission of improving the quality of life of janitors and their families to join us!
Responsibilities will include:
- Co-leading sustainability class mini lessons/ activities
- Providing individual support as needed to students (in Spanish and English)
- Assistance with office tasks related to current classes, as needed
Preferred candidates will have
- Bilingual skills in Spanish and English
- Studying Environmental Studies/Sciences, Sustainability, Education, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience tutoring or teaching
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and/or immigrant rights
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility
- Experience with marketing on social media
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to implement new ideas/strategies
To apply please send an email to email@example.com
Thanks and we can't wait for you to apply!
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Relationship Building
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week