Building Clean-up - Help with Initial Phase of Renovation
19 people are interested
Urban Development Corporation (UDC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for low to moderate income families who live in the inner-city neighborhoods of Detroit.
UDC is preparing for the complete renovation of our building which when completed will include a coffee shop, neighborhood employment and gathering center along with a legal clinic. We could utilize some additional helping hands to assist with the thorough clean-up of the landscape (grass cutting and edging, vegetation removal, fertilization, pest control and debris removal) of our building.
We would be delighted to have individuals, groups, civic organization, corporations, churches, high school students, college/university students, sororities and fraternities join in our efforts for a couple of hours of fun and an opportunity to make a difference in the life of others.
This is a volunteer opportunity for a group capable of looking beyond what is but what is to come. It also represents a step in the right direction of helping inner-city Detroit residents take ownership for a better quality of life in the D.
About Urban Development Corporation
2727 Second Avenue, Suite 129, Detroit, MI 48201, US
Improve the quality of life and bring about positive life-style changing experiences of low to moderate income families who live in urban communities. In carrying out our mission Urban Development Corporation serves as a catalyst in the revitalization of communities through the development of activities and programs which promote clean, drug-free, healthy, safe and enjoyable family lifestyles.
The uniqueness of our organization is our willingness to address counter productive behaviors which plague many urban communities, they include: random gunshot firing, slum lording, illegal dumping, liquor stores on nearly every corner, vandalism, and the selling of illicit drugs. These activities are major contributing factors to the rapid deterioration of inner city neighborhoods and lead to a large number of eyesore houses having to be torn down.
Our efforts are currently concentrated in the following areas:
- Beautification and clean-up of inner city neighborhoods.
- Substance abuse awareness and prevention.
- Broadening the horizon of inner city youth through exposure to future career opportunities, the fine arts, and recreational activities.
- Acquisition and renovation of deteriorating properties.
- Unemployment and underemployment.
- Addressing environmental pollution concerns and issues.
- Serving as a liaison between residents, businesses; local police and municipalities to alleviate illegal activity.
- Rehab of our donated building which will be utilized as a community/employment center.
We'll work with your schedule.
Mt ElliottDetroit, MI 48234
- Habitat Restoration
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- 2 to 4 hours
- Willing to lend a helping hand to help improve the inner-city neighborhoods of Detroit.