Offer support and compassion to those at the end of life
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Patients Homes and FacilitiesSacramento, CA 95821
At Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care, our vision is to:
- Recognize that individuals and families are the true experts in their own care.
- Support our staff so they can put our patients and families first.
- Find creative solutions which add quality of life.
- Strive for excellence beyond accepted standards and increase the community's awareness of hospice as part of the continuum of care.
As a volunteer, you are a vital asset of our team. Through your passion for caring and supporting our patients, you help us achieve each aspect of this vision.
Volunteers offer their support while being present with the patient in a one on one setting. Actions that volunteers may find themselves doing to support our patients include:
- Engaging in Conversation/Reminiscence
- Sharing Meaningful Music
- Assisting with Legacy Projects-Opportunities to Preserve the Legacy of our Patients Through Keepsakes for their Loved Ones
- And Many More!
All actions performed by our volunteers are driven directly by the needs of our patients. Volunteers will receive an in-depth training prior to being in the field, which is free of charge.
Contact Sarah Hewes (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Literacy / Reading
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 visits per month; 1-2 hours each
- TB test, Background Check, Physical, all paid for by Seasons
Report this opportunity