Give back to a Senior Community: Host Bingo Thursday Afternoons! (Compton, CA)
DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
We need an enthusiastic volunteer to help set up and lead several rounds of Bingo for seniors at SEASONS at Compton Apartments on Thursdays from 3-5pm.
As a volunteer with LINC you will help low-income seniors sustain their physical and mental health while preventing social isolation and depression within this vulnerable population. Seniors living on fixed incomes are often forced to choose between paying for housing or nutritious foods, medication and participating in healthy activities. Volunteers at LINC Cares address these issues by providing supportive programs that improve seniors’ quality of life and promote their ability to live independently.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a loud speaking voice
- Have good people and communication skills
- Be flexible with task expectations
- Be able to work independently
How to Enroll:
To qualify as a volunteer, applicants must be at least 18 years of age and submit to a background verification. Getting involved is as easy as taking 4 simple steps:
- Visit our website at: http://www.linchousing.org/linccares/vol_form.html and complete the online application.
- You will be contacted within days to schedule an orientation appointment.
- Attend an orientation where you will meet onsite staff, receive a tour of the facility, and be given an introduction to LINC and the responsibilities of its volunteers.
- You will be contacted after orientation for placement in the activity of your choice.
For more information, please contact Asia Bogan at 562-684-1148 or email@example.com
About LINC Housing
3590 Elm Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90807, US
LINC provides affordable housing for people underserved by the marketplace. Our communities are known for excellent design, outstanding management and life-enhancing services.
LINC Housing builds, owns, and operates affordable housing for low-income families and seniors throughout California. Its resident service department, LINC Cares, provides life-enhancing services to residents. Our staff members teach and collaborate with nearby agencies to facilitate classes and activities that cover health, exercise, financial literacy, after-school care, ESL, computer skills, crafts, volunteer opportunities, social events, and field trips to experience science, nature, and the arts.
Check us out!
Facebook - www.facebook.com/LINCCaresCA
Instagram - @LINC_Cares
We'll work with your schedule.
SEASONS at Compton15810 S Frailey AveCompton, CA 90221
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2 hours per week