This position has been developed to assist Miami Valley Works by presenting the MVW program information at resource fairs, health fairs, civic groups, churches and other community events in order to recruit additional Miami Valley Works’ participants.
- Positive, energized personality
- Good public speaking skills
- Volunteer shifts 9 to 12:30 p.m. or 12:30 to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Volunteers may choose any shift, any day
- Attend the orientation class with Miami Valley Works
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 50
- Orientation or Training
- From 4 hours per month
- Senior Adult Day Center...
- Lobby Ambassador/Greeter
- Senior Adult Day Services...
- Guide for visually impaired-Once...
- Radio Reading Services surveyer
- Companion and activity assistant...
- Matter of Balance Program, help...
- Program Ambassador, Miami Valley...
- Research Facilitator, Miami...
- Coffee Cart Assistant
- Radio Reading volunteer