Care Provider for Women Employed by Adult Clubs
Impact Area: Mental, emotional and relational health
Location(s): Various locations in Greater Hartford, CT
Hours: 2-3 hours, including travel and ministry time
Desired level of commitment: Once per month
Age requirement: 21+
Tasks may include:
- Spending time talking with and listening to women who are employed at strip club, with the goal of building trusting relationships that will benefit the women and help them transition out of the adult entertainment industry
- Praying on-site and remotely for women who are employed at strip club
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Accessible for support meetings with supervisor
- Aware that there is an element of possible danger associated with the volunteer position
- A devout Christian
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- A good communicator with an emphasis on listening
- Able to work well within a team
- Mature, compassionate and loving
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible hours, 2-3 hours per visit
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Furniture Bank Assistant
- Front Desk Assistant for...
- Community Meal Assistant
- Worship Musician at Street...
- Food Pantry Pick-Up and Delivery...
- Food Pantry Vehicle Loader
- Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Medical Professionals/Students...
- Intake Assistant for Health...
- Worship Musician for...
- Event Marketing Assistant for...
- Food and Clothing Distributor at...
- Event Registration Assistant for...
- Administrative Assistant at...
- Children's Worker
- Friendship and Hospitality...
- Childcare Assistant for Mothers...
- Basic Needs Assistant