St. John's Episcopal Church
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where45319 Deglet Noor St.Indio, CA 92201
Volunteer Project Title:
- Food Distribution Team Member
- Organize food into bags to be picked up by recipients
- Unload pallets- standing & lifting
- Bag food- reaching & carrying
- Distribute food- greet recipients, lifting & reaching
- Likes to work as part of the team
- To unload pallets must be able to lift 25-50lbs
- To bag food & distribute food must be able to lift up to 20lbs.
- The food distribution takes place the third Thursday of every month
- Hours for volunteers are 2-5PM and 5-7:30PM
- Volunteers may come for only 1 month or return on a monthly basis
- Training will be brief and on the spot
- We will provide you with a name tag
- Please wear Casual clothing and closed toe shoes are required
- At the end of their service volunteers may take a bag of food and/or provide, provided we haven't run out
- Feedback will be verbal & from the coordinator or other team members.
- Recognition is verbal & personal. Hope to have something more formal in the future.
- Disaster Cleanup
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Accounting Opportunity with the...
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Palm Desert Library (Public...
- Palm Desert Library
- Indio Middle School
- Riverside County Sheriff's...
- Reliance Hospice
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- Desert Best Friend's Closet
- Jewish Family Service of the...
- RSVP Advisory Council Member
- Soldiers Organized Services (SOS)
- Paws & Hearts
- Children Discovery Museum
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Cathedral City Library
- Loving All Animals (Palm Desert)
- Coachella Valley Volunteers In...