Retail & Cashiering Lab Assistant at Everett Center
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Position Description: Lab Assistants help students during regularly scheduled computer lab times. Students utilize the lab for the Rosetta Stone language software, job search, homework, cashiering and customer service practice, and more.
- Monday through Thursday
- Supervise the computer lab during your scheduled shift.
- Encourage practice and answer questions regarding POS (Point of Sale) systems, , basic customer service skills, and cash register functionality.
- Support students as they practice cashiering skills like making change, payment processing, and more.
- Roles and responsibilities vary slightly by Job Training and Education Center location.
- Other assignments as needed.
- Ability to learn Goodwill’s POS system quickly and accurately.
- Volunteers will receive instruction from staff and spend time familiarizing themselves with the cash registers/POS before they begin volunteering with students.
- Strong math, counting, and reading skills.
- Previous retail and customer service experience preferred.Experience working with a diverse community of learners preferred.
- Reliable, punctual and consistent.
- Patient, understanding, and caring.
- Strong listening skills.
- Strong computer skills.
We'll work with your schedule.
210 SW Everett Mall Way Suite DEverett, WA 98204
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- General Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-12 months