Rancho Mirage COPS
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
- Volunteers are extensively trained citizens that patrol the City of Rancho Mirage in specially marked vehicles and are a highly visible presence in the community. Their primary role is to be the "eyes and ears" of the community as they assist and support the City of Rancho Mirage Police Department. These volunteers also work under the direction of the City's staff liaison.
- Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at the Rancho Mirage Public Works Yard located in Thousand Palms. Meetings begin at 8:30am and usually run 60-90 minutes.
- Patrols the community
- Assist the Rancho Mirage Police and the Riverside County Sheriff's Departments
- Assist the City of Rancho Mirage Code Compliance with reporting property maintenance issues and abandoned vehicles
- Graffiti Watch
- Assist stranded motorists
- Provide traffic control assistance for special events, crime scenes and traffic accidents.
- Full distinctive uniforms are provided by the City of Rancho Mirage along with dry cleaning and laundry services.
- CITIZEN ON PATROL VOLUNTEERS are NOT authorized to take enforcement actions, carry weapons, rather are encouraged to avoid confrontations and physical contact. The COPS primary duty is to observe and report.
- COPS prides itself on the established bond with local law enforcement and ambassadors of good will by being a partner in preserving the quality of life for the community.
- Be 21 years of age or older and possess a valid driver's license
- Pass a background & fingerprint check
- Complete COPS Training Program
- Attend semi-monthly meeting
- Volunteer a minimum of 16 hours per mionth
About Riverside County- RSVP and Volunteer Connect Volunteer Programs
44-199 Monroe St., Suite B, Indio, CA 92201, US
Enhance the lives of individuals through volunteer service to their community.
Are you looking to Volunteer? Interested in helping your community? If yes, send us a messege and let us find the perfect opportunity for you to volunteer.
Recruit, support, recognize and place teenagers, young adults and adults aged 55 years old and over in volunteer positions where their time, talent and experience can best benefit the community.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for your local community. To better assist you in volunteering, can you please fill out this brief application.
72201 Manufacturing RoadThousand Palms, CA 92276
- Disaster Cleanup
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training