American Red Cross
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where39665 Entrepreneur LanePalm Desert, CA 92211
Take a Leadership Role:
- Board Member- Serve on local boards and help with fundraising and marketing programs. Be the face of the Red Cross in your community and ensure we are serving your community well.
- Volunteer Service- Assist with volunteer recruitment, placement, record keeping and recognition.
- Community Volunteer Leader- Community Volunteer Leader (CVL) at as "face of the Red Cross" to the community and focus upon recruiting volunteers and managing key local relationships.
- Blood Donor Recruiter- Work with individuals, groups and companies to recruit blood donor and promote blood drives.
- Blood Drive Volunteer- Greet and register blood donors
- Drive- Pick up donated blood units from a blood drive and deliver to the laboratory to be thoroughly tested and then sent to the hospital.
- Disaster Service- Provide food, shelter, comfort and home for families affected by major disasters such as fire, hurricanes and tornadoes.
- Disaster Action Team-Respond to single-family fires with a disaster action team supervisor.
- Disaster Preparedness Presenter- Educate individuals and groups on how to be prepared before a disaster occurs.
- Health and Safety Instructor- Teach community classes such as CPR, First Aid and water safety to children and adults.
- Babysitting Course Instructor- Become certified and teach American Red Cross Babysitting courses to teenagers.
- IHL Instructor- Conduct classes on International Humanitarian Law.
- Hospital Volunteer- Lend a hand to patients at Veterans Administration and military hospitals.
- Armed Forces Caseworker- Ensure delivery of emergency communications for members of the military and their families.
- Special Events- Support fundraising and special events.
- Thank a Donor- Make calls to thank Red Cross financial donors.
- First Aid Team- First Aid and CPR volunteers staff special events throughout the year.
- Grant Researching/Writing- Assist the fundraising team as they research, write and execute grants.
- Speakers- Provide presentations about Red Cross programs in the community.
- Public Affairs- During disasters, tell the Red Cross story to your community.
- Clerical- Assist with administrative tasks.
- Staff Support- Help with routine maintenance duties such as stocking supplies and checking inventory at shelters.
Engage in Our Efforts Internationally:
- International Tracing Services- Assist in the international search for persons living overseas, in war-torn countries or through to be living in your community.
- Language Bank- Utilize your language skills to translate.
- Food Service
- First Aid / CPR
- Physician Assistant
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Accounting Opportunity with the...
- Rancho Mirage COPS
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Palm Desert Library (Public...
- Palm Desert Library
- Indio Middle School
- Riverside County Sheriff's...
- La Quinta Senior Center
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Neuro Vitality Center
- Braille Institute
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- Desert Best Friend's Closet
- High School Students needing...
- Paws & Hearts
- Blythe Community Center
- Palm Desert COPS
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Student Ambassador SafeHouse