Are you a computer whiz and speak Spanish? Become a Digital Literacy Classroom Assistant!
2 people are interested
Digital Literacy Class Offerings:
File Management Workshops
Microsoft Word and Excel Classes
Drop-In Lab covering basic computer skills/topics
Do you have skills and knowledge about any of the topics listed above? We need your help in the classroom!
Digital Literacy Coordinator (primary), Digital Literacy Classroom Instructor (secondary)
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Aid in instruction of computer topics.
- Assist students, as needed.
- Help report student attendance, goals, and achievements.
- Help facilitate completion of evaluations, assessments and surveys.
- Grade student assessments.
- Support classroom and material management.
Task specific qualifications:
- Ability to interact with people one on one.
- Ability to interact with people in a group.
- Computer experience, including mouse, keyboard, internet, file management and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
Time required of volunteer:
2-10 hours per week
Mouse and Keyboard/Internet classes:
Spanish-Sundays, 1:15-3:00 pm
File Management/Microsoft Word classes:
Spanish-Sundays, 3:15-5:00 pm
Drop-in Computer Lab
Spanish and English-Wednesdays, 10:00 am-12:00 pm
Spanish and English-Thursdays, 5:00-7:00 pm
We'll work with your schedule.
Waukegan Public Library128 N County St.Waukegan, IL 60085
- Adult Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Financial Literacy
- Internet Research
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be at least 17
- 2-10 hours/week