Career Development/Job Readiness Class Assistant-Spanish or English
9 people are interested
Become a Job Readiness Classroom Assistant!
Come help assistant in our How to Get that Job and/or Como Obtener ese trabajo classes.
Digital Literacy Coordinator (primary), Digital Literacy Classroom Instructor (secondary)
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Aid in instruction of class topics, including online job self-assessments, resumes, job search, job applications, interviewing and soft skills topics.
- Assist students, as needed.
- Help report student attendance, goals, and achievements.
- Help facilitate completion of evaluations, assessments and surveys.
- Support classroom and material management.
Task specific qualifications:
- Ability to interact with people one on one.
- Ability to interact with people in a group.
- Computer experience, including mouse, keyboard, internet, file management and Microsoft Word.
- Experience with job readiness topics.
- Comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
Time required of volunteer:
2-20 hours per month.
English-Monday-Friday, 10:15 am-12:45 pm
Spanish-Monday-Thursday, 5:15-7:15 pm
Classes run in blocks of two-three weeks. Would appreciate help for one day of class or all days.
We'll work with your schedule.
Waukegan Public Library128 N County St.Waukegan, IL 60085
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Microsoft Office Suite
- 2-25 hours/month