KIDS ROOM COSTUME AND FABRIC ARTS CREATOR
The Kids Room is looking for someone with sewing skills (hand and machine) to help create and maintain costumes, smocks, and fabric exhibit pieces.
- Create new costumes, smocks, and fabric exhibit pieces for early childhood exhibit
- Maintain existing costumes, smocks, and fabric exhibit pieces
- Provide materials lists and plans for each new project
- Skilled at hand sewing
- Skilled at machine sewing
- Ability to work independently
- Fine motor skills
Training: Provided by Kids Room staff under the Early Learning SupervisorSchedule: Available Tuesdays-Sundays (Add Mondays, from March-August), for 2+ hours per shift. Position would start with all volunteer hours being accomplished at the Maryland Science Center, but volunteering from home is possible.
Please visit marylandsciencecenter.org for further information and application forms. All volunteers must submit an application, and volunteer appointments are by interview only. All applications (over the age of 18) must complete a background check and orientation session, prior to volunteering.
- Child Development
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Exhibit Shop Assistant: Help...
- Bus Greeter: Busloads of fun!
- Lobby Ambassador/IMAX Theater...
- Kids Room Educational Materials...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach,...
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Kids Room Costume and Fabric...
- Exhibit Facilitator: Assist...
- Ticket Agent
- Camp-In Volunteer
- Science Educator: Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailing Assistant: Help...
- Observatory Assistant: Share...
- Exhibit Fabricator
- Kids Room Upkeep Assistant