Music on the Inside, Inc. (MOTI) Connects incarcerated youth and at-risk youth with seasoned musicians to offer learning opportunities, creative encouragement and inspiring role models through the rehabilitative power of music. www.musicontheinside.org
MOTI seeks two driven, inspired, and energetic individuals for a development Internship positions and an experienced office manager to help with day to day operations, systems, follow-up and correspondence.
The Development Interns will work with MOTI’s Founder and team to support the organization’s fundraising efforts in identifying new funding prospects; prospect outreach; special events, including planning for MOTI’s Benefits; data research, tracking, and collection, etc. He/she will play an essential role in helping to bring MOTI’s advocacy, leadership, and membership efforts to the next level by assisting the organization in scoping out new funding opportunities.
The ideal candidates have interest in fundraising, as well as advocacy and grassroots movement building, is a motivated, self-starter who is effective in a fast-paced environment, and possesses a great sense of humor. With our bold and ambitious goal and unique theory of change through music and mentorships for incarcerated and at-risk youth, this is an exciting professional opportunity. The right candidates can have a significant impact on redefining rehabilitation in corrections and justice in America.
* Candidates must demonstrate interest in incarceration reform, effective rehabilitation through music, addressing racial disparities in the criminal system, and a belief in the power and efficacy of music for encouraging leadership and social change.
* Development Interns are expected to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week for the duration of the internship, as well as remote working capabilities (as needed). Development Interns must be willing to be on site at correctional facilities, meetings and events to support all of MOTI’s advocacy, leadership, membership, and development/fundraising efforts as needed.
* Excellent writing skills is a must as he/she will be assisting with drafting emails, proposals and other relevant communications distributed both internally and externally.
These are unpaid internships but can be credit-bearing and Music on the Inside, Inc. will work with academic institutions to ensure credit approval, if applicable.
Please submit with your interest in applying the following:
Your interest in criminal justice reform and advocacy;
Why you want to intern at Music on the Inside, Inc;
The strengths and experience you bring to the team;
Your time availability for a minimum of 2-3 days;
And what you are looking to experience?
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Music on the Inside, Inc. (www.musicontheinside, inc.) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, or curretn employment status. Music on the Inside values diverse experiences, including with regard to the justice system.
- Office Management
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2-3 days a week, for up to 20 hours
- Computer and social media savvy