Fashion Design Internship Virtual
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Fashion Designers Virtual
Fashion designers create original clothing, accessories, and footwear. They sketch designs, select fabrics and patterns, and give instructions on how to make the products they designed.
Fashion designers typically do the following:
- Study fashion trends and anticipate designs that will appeal to consumers
- Decide on a theme for a collection
- Use computer-aided design programs (CAD) to create designs
- Visit manufacturers or trade shows to get fabric samples
- Select fabrics, embellishments, colors, or style for each garment or accessory
- Work with other designers or team members to create a prototype design
- Present design ideas to the creative director or showcase them in fashion or trade shows
- Market designs to clothing retailers or directly to consumers
- Oversee the final production of their designs
- Design major or related field of study
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Comprehensive understanding of garment construction
- Experience spec’ing garment and executing tech packs
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Excel
Requirements & Commitment
Report this opportunity