Food Box Delivery to Homebound Community Members
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
33 people are interested
Utah Food Bank provides free, monthly food assistance to homebound people with disabilities and seniors living in poverty, delivered right to the client’s home. Each food box contains approximately one week’s worth of non-perishable food, plus as much fresh food as available.
Last year, 11,724 of these food boxes were delivered-primarily by caring volunteers-who were often some of the few visitors these clients received. Utah Food Bank is often the recipient of "luxury" items such as fresh flowers and even pet food that, when delivered, make life just a little nicer for these homebound clients.
Volunteer Requirements & Responsibilities
- We require a 6-month commitment of 3 deliveries per month.
- Prior to delivering boxes, volunteers must complete a short orientation at Utah Food Bank.
- Please call clients monthly to arrange delivery time.
- Boxes are required to be delivered between the 1st and the 25th of each month.
- Deliveries must be made Monday - Saturday (no Sundays or holidays).
- All boxes must be personally delivered and may not be left outside the door.
- You must use your own vehicle for deliveries.
- Each delivery takes approximately 20 - 30 minutes to complete. We ask that you complete deliveries during the following hours:
- Mondays - Thursdays: 9 am - 8 pm (must be picked up at UFB by 7 pm)
- Fridays: 9 am - 5 pm (must be picked up at UFB by 4 pm)
- Saturdays: 9 am - 2 pm (must be picked up at UFB by 1 pm)
We'll work with your schedule.
3150 S 900 WWest Valley City, UT 84119
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Elder care
- Crisis Intervention
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 6 month commitment delivering 3 boxes once a month
- Personal vehicles to be used