Food Box Delivery to Homebound Community Members
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
37 people are interested
Utah Food Bank provides free, monthly food assistance to homebound people with disabilities and seniors living in poverty, delivered right to the client’s home. Each food box contains approximately one week’s worth of non-perishable food, plus as much fresh food as available.
Last year, 11,724 of these food boxes were delivered-primarily by caring volunteers-who were often some of the few visitors these clients received. Utah Food Bank is often the recipient of "luxury" items such as fresh flowers and even pet food that, when delivered, make life just a little nicer for these homebound clients.
Volunteer Requirements & Responsibilities
- We require a 6-month commitment of 3 deliveries per month.
- Prior to delivering boxes, volunteers must complete a short orientation at Utah Food Bank.
- Please call clients monthly to arrange delivery time.
- Boxes are required to be delivered between the 5th and the 25th of each month.
- Deliveries must be made Monday - Saturday (no Sundays or holidays).
- All boxes must be personally delivered and may not be left outside the door.
- You must use your own vehicle for deliveries.
- Each delivery takes approximately 20 - 30 minutes to complete. We ask that you complete deliveries during the following hours:
- Mondays - Thursdays: 9 am - 6 pm
- Fridays: 9 am - 4 pm
- Saturdays: 9 am - 1 pm
About Utah Food Bank
3150 South 900 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84119, US
Fighting Hunger Statewide
For over 110 years, Utah Food Bank has stayed true to our objective of serving those in need throughout our state. We work tirelessly with community partners and volunteers to continue making an impact and fulfilling our mission of Fighting Hunger Statewide.
Last year, Utah Food Bank distributed 32.7 million meals via a statewide network of 149 partner agencies located in all 29 counties. In addition to being one of only a handful of food banks that distributes food free-of-charge to partner agencies, we also offer several direct service programs to help the most vulnerable populations in our state - children and seniors. By combining these direct service programs with our emergency food assistance services, we can truly impact the lives of Utahns who live in a world of food insecurity.
As Utah’s only member of Feeding America’s nationwide network of more than 200 food banks, we are proud to be a part of the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief organization
We'll work with your schedule.
3150 S 900 WSalt Lake City, UT 84119
October 23, 2019
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Elder care
- Crisis Intervention
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 6 month commitment delivering 3 boxes once a month
- Personal vehicles to be used