Young Mothers Inc is proud to announce a new Fashion Project. We have partnered with Kodom Style to connect two worlds; volunteerism with fashion. Kodom Style wants interns with all types of fashion backgrounds to be able to give back to their community and also have an opportunity to grow in their fields. This project is the beginning of change.
We want to put volunteers in this fashion project to advance their talents and be a part of a cause that nurtures ideas and artistic performance. The idea is to put together a Fashion Design team to create innovative ideas and put together all kinds of events to showcase their talents and potentially get them discovered in this industry. This team will be creative, work well with others, fun and have experience in fashion design or merchandising.
Please have some experience and a portfolio to show upon interview selection. This project is looking to move quickly; only passionate candidates need to apply.
We are looking for the following:
Fashion designers create original clothing, accessories, and footwear. They sketch designs, select fabrics and patterns, and give instructions on how to make the products they designed.
Fashion designers typically do the following:
- Study fashion trends and anticipate designs that will appeal to consumers
- Decide on a theme for a collection
- Use computer-aided design programs (CAD) to create designs
- Visit manufacturers or trade shows to get fabric samples
- Select fabrics, embellishments, colors, or style for each garment or accessory
- Work with other designers or team members to create a prototype design
- Present design ideas to the creative director or showcase them in fashion or trade shows
- Market designs to clothing retailers or directly to consumers
- Oversee the final production of their designs
Fashion Make-Up Artists
Responsible for applying makeup and prosthetics to aesthetically enhance celebrities, performers, individuals, entertainers, or for special events such as weddings or dates. Work independently or with a team. May also style hair.
- Apply makeup to clients using a color palette and different tools such as mascara, sponges, eyebrow shapers, lip liners, brushes, and applicators.
- Work with clients to create various looks.
- Work on theatrical productions, movie sets, photography shoots, backstage at concerts, or on television shows.
- Apply makeup for big events including weddings, funerals, holidays, and outings.
- Style hair according to makeup.
- Set makeup with hairspray or other setting material.
- Apply touchups as necessary.
- Remove makeup from clothes if some is transferred.
- Use photographs or models for reference when consulting with clients on ideal look.
- Apply prosthetics on movie sets.
- Read scripts to ascertain the materials and the look required.
- Sketch designs for future looks.
- Purchase cosmetics and applicators from vendors and negotiate prices.
- Ensure makeup looks natural and well-applied under different lighting.
- Match skin color to color palettes to determine best looks.
- Select items to appear in fashion magazines/media
- Select clothing for TV personalities, celebrities or the wardrobe for film or TV characters.
- Source fashion items and props for photographic shoots or film/tv personalities, or product placement in fashion magazines/media.
- Advise on photographic approaches and the selection of locations, props, clothing, models, makeup artists, photographers, hair stylists and the overall look for photo shoots.
- Advise and direct the photography of items and clothing selected for promotion.
- Liaise with fashion designers, retailers, the media, models/model agencies, photographers, makeup artists, hairdressers, beauty therapists, personal trainers and the media.
- Organize and compare fashion parades and events.
- Write articles on the latest fashion trends.
- Provide fashion direction to buyers, merchandisers and/or product developers/designers.
- Speak at events about image and fashion trends.
- Provide makeup and hair styling services to clients or complete makeup and hair styling on location for photo shoots
Model garments and other apparel to display clothing before prospective buyers at fashion shows, private showings, retail establishments, or photographer.
May pose for photos to be used for advertising purposes. May pose as subject for paintings, sculptures, and other types of artistic expression.
Fashion photographers are responsible for how clothing is presented in advertising campaigns, catalogues and fashion magazines. They work closely with designers and fashion houses to ensure they are portraying the desired image for the brand. They work in studios or carry out shoots on location.
- Meeting with designers to generate unique concepts for photo shoots.
- Understanding fashions, style and fabrics and how to shoot them.
- Using different types of light and modern technologies in photography such as photo editing software.
- Directing on set; instructing models and other set personnel.
- Producing portfolios of work.
Fashion Marketing Director
- devise efficient fashion design plans and foster new fashion concepts
- properly coordinate advertising as well marketing activities
- attend runway or fashion shows to acquire new fashion ideas
- visit major manufacturers and merchandise markets to get new information on the latest fashion trends
- regularly monitor fashion publications and set meetings with designers to keep up with the changing trend
- evaluate the potential success of a certain clothing line
- create effective marketing plans and advertising strategies
- coordinate with salespeople, designers and manufacturers
- select garments and accessories that will be used for promotional marketing
- organize photo shoots, magazine events, and fashion shows
- share fashion insights and analysis with buyers to help them choose the appropriate inventory purchases