This volunteer will assist the Kentucky oral history commission administrator in indexing oral history collections. Responsibilities include listening to oral history interviews and creating a document for each that indicates the interview’s topics and the times at which the topics change. Indexes make oral history interviews more user-friendly by allowing listeners to quickly and easily find specific research interests.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Literacy / Reading
- Basic Computer Skills
- Library Sciences
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One day per week
- Tuesdays 9 – 12 p.m., Wednesdays 9 – 12 p.m., or Thursdays 9 – 12 p.m. or 1 – 4 p.m.
- Exhibits Research Assistant...
- Youth Programs Volunteer
- Oral History Collections Assistant
- Kentucky Historical Society...
- Archival Processing Volunteers
- Visitor Services Volunteer
- Artifact Photographer
- School Programs Volunteer
- Artifact Cataloger
- Special Events Volunteer
- Kentucky History Half Marathon
- Visitor Guide at the Old State...
- Digitization Volunteer
- Museum Store Volunteer
- Oral History Collections Volunteer
- Cataloging Volunteer