Santa Ana Petco - Weekend Adoption Events
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
71 people are interested
We are looking for individuals to assist our Event Coordinators during our weekly Adoption Events that are held each Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 - 4:00 at the Petco in Santa Ana. The Event is broken into two parts -- SETUP is from 11:30-2:00 and BREAKDOWN is from 2:00-4:15. You can sign up to attend SETUP, BREAKDOWN, or BOTH.
- staging cages for the event
- transferring kittens to/from carriers
- assisting potential adopters
- completing paperwork
- monitoring and playing with kittens
- communicating with the public regarding kittens and their care
- cleaning up the event space at the end
We occasionally accept volunteers as young as 10 yrs old. But they MUST be mature. Any "fooling around" and they can be asked to leave.
We can accept SMALL groups (3-5 people). At this time, we only need 2-3 volunteers at an event.
If you submit your application, you may receive a call from a Pennsylvania phone number. This is Rebecca, our Volunteer Coordinator and she lives in Orange County.
We use SignUpGenius (a website that allows YOU to sign up for the days and times when you are available to work) in order to make signing up for an Event easy and Telegram (a phone app that allows group texting) to make communications between all of the volunteers and it allows us to share information easily. Please be prepared to use these two programs if you want to volunteer with MeoowzResQ.
We'll work with your schedule.
3327 S. Bristol St.Bristol PlazaSanta Ana, CA 92704
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Administrative Support
- General Education
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 10
- 2-4 hours on Saturday or Sunday
- Communication, committed, responsible, punctual, love kitties