Administrative volunteer for Friends of 40 Prado
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Friends of 40Prado is a nonprofit corporation whose sole purpose is to raise supportive funds currently for the operation of Prado Day Center and Maxine Lewis Memorial Shelter in San Luis Obispo, and eventually for the new homeless services center being constructed at 40 Prado Road in San Luis Obispo
Friends of 40Prado seeks a part-time (maximum 20 hours/week) Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Treasurer of the Board of Directors. The position is expected to last for at least six months, and may be extended beyond that. Specific responsibilities include:
- Handle all incoming phone messages, emails, and mail
- Order/purchase office supplies as needed
- Record donations in the donor development software and make regular bank deposits
- Pay invoices as directed by the Treasurer
- Print and mail acknowledgements for donations
- Maintain an interactive online master schedule of board and committee meetings, fundraising events, and meeting with donors; notify board members of their appointments
- Prepare monthly financial statements for Board of Directors meetings
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Produce a quarterly newsletter with input from Board members
- Maintain the donor database
- Handle tasks required for fundraising events, including printing and distributing tickets, recording all event income and expenses, and producing event financial reports for the Board of Directors
- Excellent organizational and written skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Some basic accounting experience; basic knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
The following qualifications, though not required, are an advantage:
- Experience with various social media and techniques - for example Facebook, email blasts, text-to-donate drives, etc.
- Experience with nonprofit organizations, especially in the area of fundraising
- Experience with donor development software, especially Kindful and Stripe.
Send resume to Diana Foch, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donor Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20 hours per week
- Willing to use your personal vehicle to to pick up mail from the post office.