Are you living well in recovery? Help your peers cope with mental illness!
DONATE TO THIS
45 people are interested
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation's largest grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of persons living with serious mental illness and their families. Volunteers are needed to serve as Support Group Facilitators for NAMI's Connection Peer Support Group program. Support Group Facilitators provide support, education, and practical knowledge to other people living with mental illness. Groups meet weekly under the guidance of 2 Volunteer Facilitators.
▪ Offer respect, understanding, encouragement, and hope to peers in the group coping with mental illness
▪ Facilitators are not counselors or teachers; rather, they are present primarily to give the group structure by opening and closing each support group session, guiding discussion, and shifting discussion when necessary.
▪ Maintain confidentiality of support group attendees
▪ Work cooperatively with a co-facilitator to conduct the group
▪ Report attendance to Director of Signature Programs
▪ Personal experience having a mental illness and living well in recovery
▪ Complete a 2-day training program provided by NAMI. The next Connection Support Group Facilitator training will be held on March 28-29, 2020 in Baltimore.
▪ Current member of NAMI, or willingness to join
▪ Volunteers are kindly asked to make a 12 month commitment upon completion of training. Facilitators are scheduled on a rotating basis; minimum 3 hours per month.
About National Alliance on Mental Illness Metropolitan Baltimore
6600 York Road, Suite 204, Baltimore, MD 21212, US
We are a grassroots, family oriented support, education, and advocacy organization dedicated to empowering families to improve the lives of people living with mental illnesses and to eradicating stigma that surrounds mental illness.
Educates, supports and advocates families and individuals dealing with a mental illness. NAMI has 1,500 local and state affiliates and 230,000 members in the United States.
We'll work with your schedule.
6600 York RoadSuite 204Baltimore, MD 21212
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3 hours per month for a year
- - Have lived experience with mental illness - Attend a 2-day training to become a facilitator