3 people are interested
Volunteer Drivers for Wellness Day
ORGANIZATION: Mercy Neighborhood Ministries
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Senior Wellness Day is currently a couple times per month event sponsored by Mercy Neighborhood Ministries. This event is a cornerstone of our mission to help seniors age in place. We need drivers to deliver a supply of nutritious food and personal care items to our clients who should not be coming out during the COVID emergency. This is temporarily replacing their times to come and "shop" our Food Pantry.
We REALLY need dependable, caring volunteer drivers are critically needed for this once-per month event.
Senior Wellness Day is generally held on Tuesdays with a schedule made weeks ahead. The time required ish, from 9:00 AM until 11:00 AM.
- Picking up bags of food from Mercy Neighborhood Ministries, then taking them to assigned locations for our senior clients to pick up. We stay outside and let the clients come to their doors.
- Assisting with loading and unloading of their groceries into your vehicle
- Volunteers must be kind and sensitive to the needs of the elderly poor in our neighborhood.
- Be able to demonstrate compassion while upholding the dignity of others
- Drivers must have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance on their vehicle.
About Mercy Neighborhood Ministries
1602 Madison Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45206, US
Inspirited by the vision of the Sisters of Mercy, we promote the empowerment of individuals and families through programs that address their immediate needs, foster self-reliance, promote holistic health and advocate for social justice.
We accomplish our missionby providing adult education, home healthcare & senior services for disadvantaged individuals in Walnut Hills, East Walnut Hills & surrounding neighborhoods.
SPONSORSHIP BY THE SISTERS OF MERCY
Sponsorship is a formal relationship between the Sisters of Mercy and an incorporated ministry for the sake of addressing our enduring concerns and witnessing to Christ's mission.VALUES
Mercy Neighborhood Ministries, Inc. is committed to behaviors reflecting its core values of:
Dignity: torespect all people and their right to self-determination.
Compassion: toact with love and kindness.
Justice: toconduct ourselves with honesty, integrity and fairness.
Empowerment: to help others recognize and act upon their own inner strengths.
Service: to respond to the physical, spiritual, mental and social needs of others.
Excellence: to pursue continuous improvement.
Hospitality: to offer welcome and warmth to all.
We accomplish this through our three departments:
· Home Care Services empowers women and elderly or disabled persons living in poverty through the provision of holistic services that promote independence and dignity. We provide employment and support for women seeking self-sufficiency, and quality home health care services and wellness promotion to persons who are underserved by existing programs, especially the elderly poor.
· The Senior Services Program enhances the quality of life of the elderly who lack the necessities of life as a result of poverty or temporary distress. We do this through programs that support their independence, advocate for fair and efficient treatment, decrease their anxiety and isolation, and raise public awareness of their needs.
· The Education Services provides the tools for individuals and families to move from dependency and poverty to self-sufficiency and wholeness of living. We accomplish this by connecting our clients to available community resources and offering adult educational and literacy programs, computer job training, payee and crisis assistance, and English as a second language.
1602 Madison Rd.Cincinnati, OH 45206
November 29, 2022
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Once or twice a month from 9:00am til 11:00am
- Valid license, insured vehicle, mask required