Safe Place for Pets compassionately serves terminally ill people by finding new, loving homes for their pets when they can no longer care for them.
As a 100% volunteer non-profit organization, we are in urgent need of a Volunteer Coordinator to recruit new volunteers and oversee volunteer activities.
Location: Must live in the Colorado Springs, CO area.
- Recruit new volunteers for Safe Place for Pets.
- Maintain records for prospects, current and archived volunteers. Track all volunteer information. Respond to all inquiries through email or phone calls about volunteering.
- Set up an interview, decide if they will be accepted and work with the new volunteer to find the best fit for them in our organization.
- Maintain volunteer contact and email lists and update regularly in Dropbox.
- Work with Development and Marketing to coordinate volunteers for events.
- Provide orientation classes for volunteers and board members.
- Attend all board meetings and support functions that include volunteers.
- Maintain recognition, appreciation and communication for volunteers.
- Dismiss volunteers that are not working in the best interest of Safe Place for Pets and the mission.
- Collect and record all volunteer hours monthly. There is currently a Volunteer Assistant doing this.
- Provide a Volunteer Report to the board each month.
- Create and maintain a volunteer budget to be updated at quarterly finance meetings.
- This volunteer must have access to a computer with Microsoft Office (including Access), e-mail, and a printer.
- This volunteer must have access to a telephone which will be used to contact Safe Place for Pets volunteers.
If interested in learning more about how you can help our wonderful mission to support terminally ill people and their pets, please see our website at www.safeplacepets.org, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call and leave us a message at 719-359-0201 and we'll return your call!
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training