The Virtues Project International Assoication is a Canadian non profit organization
This is a board position and you will be part of the FARM Committee. (Finance, Audit and Risk Management) As Treasurer you will prepare reports necessary for the board and audit/review information and documentation. High proficiency in Excel and Quick Books preferred.
Key duties that you will oversee and share with your committee:
- Manage Finances with high standards and set a tone of integrity
- Receive and reconcile the bank statements, OR write checks, but not both.
- Incoming checks should receive immediate restrictive endorsement (preferably a bank stamp, or handwritten "For deposit only, ABC Bank, Account # 123445") and be deposited within a week, with no cash back.
- Outgoing checks must be supported by an approved invoice, receipt, or a voucher prepared by the volunteer if a receipt or invoice isn't available.
- Checks should require two signatures and never be signed in advance.
- Manage the Canadian government filings required by law: Keep a calendar of filing requirements and assign responsibility for filing documents.
- Identify and manage risk: Take the lead in safeguarding your organization's assets, data, and personal information. Risks associated with volunteer screening, vehicle use, etc.
- Confirm and document contributions.
- Track volunteer time
- Plan and evaluate with a budget
- Prepare monthly financial reports
The Virtues Project International Association (VPIA) is not affiliated with any religious organization. VPIA is a non-profit organization founded in 2013 at the request of the founders of The Virtues ProjectTM. (www.virtuesproject.com) VPIA operates in service of The Virtues ProjectTM to protect the integrity of the body of work, to grow, strengthen and expand its reach, and to ensure its sustainability.
Please note: This is an unpaid position. The successful candidate will be subject to and must clear a financial background/credit check.
If you are interested in this role please follow this link to our Volunteer Application Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc9DeArdFRSqU9G5ukJJel7npJXy_JcPxcck3tUZqWTtM1yyw/viewform?c=0&w=1
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Knowledge of Quickbooks software, budgeting, and non profit financial management are all assets