Nestled within Chappaquiddick Island on Martha's Vineyard is our intimate Japanese-style garden, Mytoi, which offers natural serenity and a place of contemplation to visitors who venture here. Currently, our garden gem could use the loving touch of a few additional volunteers to help keep her beautiful by assisting staff with ongoing garden tasks. If your passion is gardening, and you have a few hours to spare, we would love to have your help! This would be perfect for creative individuals who have flexible schedules, enjoy the outdoors, and have a basic knowledge of gardening. Our staff will work with the volunteer to determine the garden’s needs and priorities. The ideal candidate should be equally at home working independently as well as on a team.
* Working with staff to assess gardening needs
* Planting and/or transplanting annuals and perennials as well as maintaining existing beds
* Maintaining communication with staff
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* An eagerness to participate in maintaining Mytoi
* Able to use hand tools
* Able to follow instructions and work on a team
* Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time and ability to bend
* Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Time Commitment Needed
Dike Road, Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vineyard, MA 02539
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities or sign up as a team, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible schedule
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Skilled Trades Volunteer - Lyman...
- Invasive Species Control...
- Fall Farm Festival Volunteers -...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Engagement Survey Volunteer -...
- Norris Reservation Fall Clean Up
- Wednesday Garden Crew - Haskell
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Assistant Wrangler Volunteer -...
- Pop-Up Membership Tabling...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Painter Volunteer - Charles...
- Hen Helper - The Farm Institute
- Sukkot Festival Volunteer -...
- Vegetation Monitors - Deer...
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...