Since 2012 Project Paws Alive has been providing vital protective K9 equipment to underfunded units nationwide. We service Law Enforcement, Fire, Search & Rescue and Military K9 teams. Equipment provided is all new and custom fit. Equipment donated includes but is not limited to: ballistic vests, cooling vests, first aid kits, boots, vehicle heat alarms, and oxygen mask kits. The need for this equipment continues to grow exponentially every year and we are seeking volunteers to help make an impact on these K9's lives.
Grant Writer volunteer needed:
This volunteer position is responsible for researching, developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate Project Paws Alive’s mission and projects to potential funders. He or she will work with our President and VP to develop and lead funding campaigns from start to finish. Time commitment is flexible.
- Prepare, submit and manage grant proposals
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospective grants
- Comply with all grants as required by corporate/foundation donors
- Create and monitor master grant timeline to guide deadlines for drafting and submission of grant
- Coordination of all pieces of required information to be included in the grant proposal (with support from PPA leadership team)
- Initial drafting of grant submission, facilitation of draft approval process through appropriate channels (VP, President, others as applicable)
- Grant finalization based on comments and edits and submission
- Maintain accurate records in our Salesforce database for all grant and donation requests and awards
- Grant writing and research skills or educational background in grant writing/research
- Knowledge of grant opportunities and resources a plus
- Excellent communication/writing skills and strong organizational skills
- Self-starter, able to use independent judgment and take initiative
- Prior experience writing funded grants is a plus
- Knowledge of GrantStation is a plus
Please note that all volunteers must submit to a background check.
- Internet Research
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Business Development
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible around your schedule.