Drive our Gaithersburg seniors and adults with disabilities to medical and social service appointments in the local area. Usually, wait with the client and then return the client to home. For lengthy appointments, return and pick up the client when the client is ready.
Must have valid driver's license, clean driving record, auto insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle. A background/MVA check will be performed.
General duties include:
- Logging into the client database to book clients requests for rides and/or do so via email.
- Contacting clients at the time of booking the rides and contacting clients the day before their appointment to verify desired pickup time and destination addresses too.
- Transporting the clients to and from their medical or service appointment; target destinations are generally within a 20-mile radius of downtown Gaithersburg.
Requirements for Volunteer Drivers
Our volunteer drivers:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have an active Maryland driver’s license in good standing (a chauffeur's license is not required)
- Since drivers will use their own vehicles for client appointments, your vehicle must be registered in Maryland, and have vehicle insurance with personal auto liability limits of at least $100,000/$300,000
Minimum Age for Volunteers: 21
We need volunteers who are free: Weekdays
HOW TO APPLY
Contact person: Volunteer Coordinator, Call: 301-216-2510 Box 6, Email: email@example.com, and/or learn more about this program at http://www.gaithersburghelp.org/volunteer/drivers. When ready to apply, click "Volunteer Application" or go to www.gaithersburghelp.org/volunteer-application and follow the directions.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Bus/Van Driving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Providing even one ride a month is a tremendous!
- Must have valid driver's license, clean driving record, auto insurance, & a reliable vehicle