Help Fight Hunger in Davis Co. by Serving as a Grocery Rescue Program Driver - Davis. RSVP 55+
3 people are interested
You can help fight hunger in Davis County by helping to keep the Open Doors Food Bank stocked with fresh food donations from local stores. This food bank provides nutritious fresh ingredients for meals as well as grocery staples to low income and at risk families throughout the area.
Grocery Rescue Program Drivers collect food from participating grocery stores, load donations into the van and deliver to the Open Doors' Food Bank. Basic volunteer duties include:
- Coordinating with Open Doors staff for pickup scheduling
- Picking up grocery donations in Food Bank Van
- Providing donors with receipt
CDL is NOT required, but drivers MUST be able to drive a 24 foot box truck and lift up to 50 pounds.
This volunteer opportunity is offered through Davis Co. Retired & Senior Volunteer Program and is for people age 55 or greater. Benefits of volunteering through RSVP include:
- Mileage reimbursement for travel to and from the volunteer site
- Supplemental insurance benefits while serving
- Ongoing recognition programs throughout the year
Come join us in making a difference here in our community!
We'll work with your schedule.
Open Doors Food Bank (Family Connection Center)875 E. Highway 193LaytonLayton, UT 84040
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- M-F 8:00 am-12:00 pm Choose one or more days/week
- Must be able to drive a 24 ft box truck and lift up to 50 pounds.